This wasn't one of the original #MTBoS12days prompts, but it came about as a discussion on Twitter after reading @viemath's blog post on New Year Resolutions :)
I LOVE my crockpot... like with big pink and purple puffy heart loves. I literally own 7 crockpots of various shapes and sizes and could literally cook every meal in the world in it :)
Here are my go-to recipes:
P.S. - I always use a crock-pot liner, so those aren't mentioned in each recipe, but now you know!
BBQ Pork (or beef)
- Boneless Country Style Ribs (can use a beef roast as well if you don't like pork)
- 20 oz bottle of Diet Coke
- BBQ Sauce of choice (we like Head Country
Put meat in bottom of crockpot. Cover with Diet Coke. Cook all day on low. When you get home from work, use a slotted spoon to remove the meat. Throw away the juices. Put new liner in crockpot. Use two forks to shred the meat. Dump in BBQ Sauce and stir. Let it continue to cook on low for another 30 minutes or so. Serve.
- 4 or 5 chicken breasts
- 1 package Ranch dressing powder
- 1 bottle Frank's buffalo wing sauce
Put chicken in bottom of crockpot. Sprinkle Ranch dressing on top. Cover with Buffalo sauce. Cook all day on low. Shred chicken using two forks in the sauce. Serve.
- Big bag of cubed frozen hashbrowns
- 1 can Fiesta Nacho Soup
- 1 box (32 oz) chicken broth
- 1 block cream cheese (cubed)
Put all of the above in crockpot. Stir. Cook all day on low. Bacon bits are a yummy addition about 30 minutes before serving as well :)
Chicken Tortilla Cheese Soup
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cans fiesta nacho cheese soup
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 1 soup can milk
- 3 or 4 cups cubed, cooked chicken (I use the canned chunk chicken)
Put all of the above in the crockpot and cook on low until it's all mixed and melted together. Serve over tortilla chips.