If I had to give a "Top 5" list of how I rest and rejuvenate, it would include:
- Pedicure - hands down, this is one of those must-have relaxation activities for me! I am not really a high maintenance person, but there's something to be said for being pampered with a good leg/foot massage and a pretty color on your toes! :)
- Good books - I have always been a reader and often accused of having my nose stuck in a book! A few years ago, I finally got sucked into the e-book craze and I love the ease of having thousands of books at my fingertips... literally! I check "dailyfreebooks.com" every day and have found a lot of new authors that way.
- Crafts - This has to be one of my favorite ways to pass time on a break. Over the years, I've learned about candle making, soap making, knitting, and currently I'm on a beading/bracelet kick. :)
- Organizing - I know this sounds a bit like work, but there's a sense of satisfaction that you can only get when an area goes from complete disarray to neat and organized. I really hate clutter in general, so when I get into that mood, clutter goes! I am not a neat freak by any stretch of the imagination... my house is very "lived-in" and would never grace the cover of a magazine, but there's nothing better to me than organizing a closet or some other hidden area! :)
- Exercise - In the warmer months, my favorite morning activity is rolling out of bed and going for a walk. This is my quiet time and I really enjoy the time to reflect, brainstorm, and come up with new ideas.