Wednesday, August 8, 2018

My 5 Favorite Formative Assessment Strategies



This month, I'm participating in a blog challenge called Blaugust.  To see the list of participating blogs, click on the logo above. I would encourage to you please cheer on our participants with either a tweet or a comment on their blog during this month. It can be hard to blog on a daily (or even regular) schedule! :)  If you would like to join the blogging challenge, you can still sign-up anytime!


Toward the end of the 2017-18 school year, I received an email from one of our secondary curriculum coordinators asking if I would be willing to lead a breakout session in August for our new teachers.  When I received that email in May, I readily agreed because I'm often in my room working in August anyway.  Of course, as the date drew closer, I had a few moments of regret of giving up morning patio time, but it worked out in the end! :)

As I was finalizing my presentation, I sent out the following tweet:

And I got a TON of great responses!  (Thank you!)

I had a few people ask if I would share my presentation, so you will find it below.  Best part is that I could feel the power of the MTBoS as I presented (plus I was able to put in a plug for Twitter as a PLN as I shared @kklaster's tweet and bonus pictures from Julie and Pam's classrooms! :) 


No comments: