Tuesday, January 5, 2021

#MTBoSYuleBlog - Whiteboarding in 2021

  


What is the Yule Blog Challenge?  Over Winter Break, I'm going to attempt to blog 12 times, sharing reflections of 2020 and what I'm looking forward to in 2021.  I would love for you to join in the blogging fun - read more about the challenge by clicking here!

Whiteboarding in 2021

Technically, the Yule Blog Challenge is over for this year, but I had planned this one during Winter Break but just didn't have it together, so I'm counting it! :)

One of the things I missed so much during 2020 was whiteboarding.  For years, I have had groups with table buckets and personal whiteboards on every table.  But then with COVID, we couldn't have shared supplies, we couldn't be in table groupings, and I honestly missed the whiteboarding SO much!

So during the break, I went hunting on Amazon for some cheap whiteboard markers and erasers, thinking that if I could get them cheap enough for my 80+ stat students, that I would splurge for individual goody bags.  


This week, we are on Distance Learning and one of my students came up to assemble the goody bags for me...

In each goody bag is a:

With the note, I had looked on Pinterest and saw several gifts TO teachers with markers, etc, but none that were gifts FROM teachers.  Then I was thinking about all of the life lessons I've learned from whiteboarding / dry erase in general as just a encouraging note for the back.  I wanted the life lessons to be a bit more applicable to life in general versus classroom applications.

The desks in my classroom are dry-erase surfaces, so I didn't have to do anything there, BUT, I wish I had gone ahead and done white card stock in a glossy sheet protector, but I have until Monday before I see my students, so it could still happen :)