Thursday, May 5, 2016

#MTBoS30 - What's on your To-Do List for Summer?

May and I have a love-hate relationship.

I love May... 
... it's the last month of the school year
... the weather gets warmer and the days get longer
... no more new content in my AP class
... the AP Exam comes, giving my students the chance to "show what they know"
... I start thinking ahead to next year

I hate May...
... I won't see my school friends for a couple of months
... summer heat is coming
... most of my students graduate and run off, never to be seen or heard from again
... I need just one more week... day... hour to cram more info in their heads
... I start planning my summer workload before ever getting to enjoy a day of summer

Speaking of...

My summer started out as a plan to get up each morning for a walk, then come back to relax on the patio while enjoying the sounds of nature and a good book.  

Actually, I suppose that's still the plan.

On my summer reading list:
1)  Every issue of Forensic Science Teacher Magaine
2)  Mathematical Mindsets
3)  Multiple other #EduRead books that I need to go back and revisit
4)  Scoping out the ASCD Member Library (so many awesome books!!!)

On the rest of my list:
1)  Organizing my AP Stat binders
2)  Organizing my Forensic Science files - we are moving to a full year course!
3)  Prepping for a full year FS course
4)  Reconnecting with my MTBoS PLN
5)  Redefining my leadership role at school
6)  Some great Professional Learning Workshops

So who says that teachers have the summer off????


No comments: