Monday, July 15, 2019

#Made4Math - Organization for the Win

How is it Monday already???  Actually - how is it mid-July already???

The summer is zooming by.  We've had a few days of pleasant weather, so I have spent way too much time relaxing on the patio and not enough time thinking about my to-do list!  School starts in one month and I have yet to send anything to the Copy Shop!  EEK!

But that's okay... at least I got a few things done this week to help me get organized for the new year!

Made4Math Project #1 - AP Binders
Last year, my district adopted new textbooks, so I needed to do some re-organization of my AP Resources.  I suspect some of this will be in the new AP classroom as well, but I am a paper person for planning, so I needed to do it myself :)



The photo on the left is one I shared on Twitter.  I took all of the old AP MC exams, labeled them by year and chapter, wrote the answer on the back, and cut them apart to file into sheet protectors by chapter.  Now, when I'm looking for a quick formative question for a lesson or writing an assessment, I have the older MCs all filed by topic! :)


Made4Math Project #2 - Geometry Rich Problems
So last year, I was determined to do more Rich Problems in my Geometry class and to be honest, I *did* do more than I had the previous year.  I even wrote a blog post last year about how I planned to organize and use the rich problems I had found.  But then, life happened and I didn't quite follow through the way I should have.  I knew I had to try something different this year or it would be another "out of sight, out of mind" situation.



So it was time to bust out my laminator and get to work!  FYI - PPT Hack - if you set your PPT Slide to be 8"x12", then print two to a page, you get lovely 4x6 notecards :)

Now my Geometry problems are printed, laminated, and sorted by chapter so they are easier to use when planning lessons!  YAY!


So what did you make this week???

1 comment:

Always Trying to Make It Better. . . said...

I LOVE this idea!!! Having a box of 4x6 cards with great problems ready-to-go is pure genius. I'm just like you-- "out of sight, out of mind", having physical problems to pull from when planning (or when you have a few extra minutes to fill!) is awesome. I know you did a ton of work to create this, and I know that it is organized to your specific textbook, but any chance you'd be willing to share the powerpoint file? Looks like there are some really amazing problems in there! :-)