Monday, August 8, 2022

Geometry Reference Sheet - #MTBoSBlaugust Day 8

 

Today was the first day of Year 25!  

This summer, I had hoped to get a lot more accomplished than I did.  About 10 years ago, #Made4Math Monday was a regular occurrence and it really helped me throughout the summer to tackle those little projects that needed to happen, plus I was able to share them and get inspiration from others as well.  

After a while, most of the little projects were done and it became tough to share weekly new creations, so #Made4Math moved primarily to the summer months.  This summer, I had plans to revive it, but I just couldn't bring myself to do many projects this summer, but now that school has started, I really don't have much of a choice - ready or not, the kids are coming on Thursday!

One of the projects I did this weekend was updating my Geometry Reference Sheet that goes on the inside cover of their Interactive Notebook (INB).  

When I first blogged about this for a #Made4Math back in 2018, the notebook was for first semester only and there was a different reference sheet for the 2nd semester.  However, at my new school, I only ended up using one notebook for the entire year, so I needed to do some tweaking.

For the original (pictured left), I was thinking about various reminders they would need from pre-requisite knowledge.  As I started thinking about the revision, I decided to cut down the Perfect Squares and add in some Square Roots to hopefully help make connections.  I also decided to cut out the Pythagorean Triples and combine the formulas so that I could extend the Area / Perimeter section.

After playing with it some more, here's what I ended up with:


If you have any suggestions or tweaks, please let me know!



If you are interested in joining in the #MTBoSBlaugust fun, here's a post with some prompts to help you out!  The idea is just to blog / micro-blog during August to help us focus and reflect on the year ahead.  Please tag your post on Social Media with the hashtag #MTBoSBlaugust so we can support you in your blogging journey!





No comments: