During the summer, I really struggle to focus on getting things done because my mind is bouncing around like it has ADHD with all of the new ideas. When school is in session, I don't have time to read blogs or troll twitter or browse books, so the summer is like this huge buffet of new ideas, with each one is better than the last and I end up with a ton of "OOOO.. SHINY!!" moments, but very little to show for it.
One benefit to the daily blogging adventure is that I am having to put thoughts on (virtual) paper, which does help me focus a bit. However, I've posted about AP Stat all week, so I decided to do something different for today :) I'm sure all of you have a bucket list, a list of all the things you want to do before you 'kick the bucket'. Here are #5Things on mine...
#5Things on my Bucket List
- Visit Disney World - I know this one is kind of crazy since I don't have kids and I really don't like crowds, but as a kid, we really didn't have the money for big family vacations. One of my childhood dreams was to go to Disney World or Disney Land, but I'm pretty sure my parents misunderstood, because the closest I ever got was going to Disney, Oklahoma... :)
- Get my Masters - For a long time, I really didn't care much about getting my masters because honestly, it would only increase my salary by $1800 a year. However, after visiting with one of the state universities, they are willing to let me do a Math Education degree but instead of Math courses, I would get to take Stat courses. Since no university in the US currently offers a Statistics Education degree, this would be the next best thing.
- Group Cruise - For several years, we have joked about a TMC Cruise, but this is something I truly want to do. I've only been on one cruise and it was with another friend. It was enjoyable, but I think a larger group would be so much fun. I'm not a huge traveler, but sitting on the deck chatting with a group of friends sounds delightful.
- Visit Washington D.C. - I have lived my entire life within an hour of where I currently live. Ninety-five percent of the traveling I have done has been for workshops and conferences, so I haven't really had an opportunity to be a tourist and visit museums, etc. I'm not a huge history buff, but I would love to spend time in DC, visiting all of the monuments and museums.
- Pull a fire alarm - I know this one is totally stupid, but I have always wanted to pull a fire alarm. I don't know why. :)
I am on a personal challenge to blog every day in July, just to see if I can do it. I would love to have you join me! If you are worried that you've missed a few days, please don't stress.. just jump on in! Maybe a month is too much, that's okay, try it for a week, or every other day, or once a week.. whatever works for you!
Don't forget to visit the other July bloggers and show them some love!
The bloggers (so far)
Robin at Flip! Learn! Share
Bridget at Reflections in the Plane
Teresa at GeometryWiz
Sherrie at Middle School Math Rules!
Brooke at Sined, Sealed, Calculated
John at Functions are Fun
Jedidiah at Math Butler
Pam at the radical rational
Roxy at Rockstar Math Teacher
Paul at TeacherPaulP
Tina at Palmer's Ponderings
Cindy at School Stuff
Robyn at Making Math Visible
Add your blog in the comments if you would like to join in! :)