Welcome to the #MTBoSChallenge!
Each week there are two options:
- On Saturdays, you can choose to blog on a weekly prompt. This week's prompt is about setting goals for October. Go check out the awesome and amazing posts submitted this week at Middle School Math Rules. No worries if you didn't blog yesterday, you can still submit your post using the linky at the bottom of her post.
- On Sundays, you can choose to blog a Sunday Summary of your week. The idea for the Summary is to provide you a way to reflect on the past week and share what you are looking forward to this coming week.
Now on to my post for the day...
My Sunday 3-2-1 Summary
3 goals for October:
- Get caught up! This school year so far has been fitting of a Dickens novel... It has been the "best of times" in many ways as I have some really awesome students and have had some really great teaching days. However, it's also been the "worst of times" as I struggle to balance my new responsibilities and not let anything crash and burn as I learn to juggle all of the things I do.
- Redo my bedroom! Years ago, we ripped up the carpet in our living areas and went with the concrete subfloor as the main flooring. Hubs has decided he wants to do this in our bedroom as well, so there will be some home renovation projects coming up in the future weekends... (assuming goal #1 is met first).
- Read more! I have some really great novels waiting for me on my Kindle. I've neglected my enjoyment reading a lot this year and I want to spend some time focusing on things that relax me, such as reading.
2 things I'm proud of this week:
- My students! We took our first test of the semester this week and I'm so happy with how well the students did. I believe my kids are really taking this year's mantra of "The best way to learn is to DO." by heart and I often hear them comment about how class goes by so quickly, even though we learn a lot each day.
- My lessons! I spent a bit more time on writing descriptions of data this week and I think it's going to pay off in the long run.
1 fun purchase this week:
- Jewelry! Last weekend, I wasn't feeling great, which is why there wasn't a Sunday Summary post. While resting, I decided to browse ebay for some funky vintage jewelry and I found a great auction of about 50 vintage necklaces. The box arrived on Thursday and I finally got it all sorted out yesterday. I can't wait to wear some of them!
Submit your Sunday Summary here!
get the InLinkz code