Saturday, October 4, 2014

Worn Out

**Warning... this is a whiny post... feel free to ignore and move on**

We are 7 weeks into the school year and I am worn out. 

I want to blog... I *need* to blog... but I find myself with zero energy by the time the weekend rolls around and more weekends than not, I've spent at least one day at school trying (but failing) to catch up.

I still have things on my to-do list that I wrote there in August.  Seriously :(

For the most part, my classes are going well and I would hope that none of my students have a clue about how rough this year has been.  However, I can see it in my lessons over the past week or two because the lessons haven't been quite as engaging as I want them to be.  This makes me sad.

I haven't blogged here because I don't want to be negative.  Good things are happening in my life and in my classroom.  But the other stuff sometimes gets in the way.  I hate the other stuff.  I need to blog about the good stuff, but the other stuff takes more time than I have available.

If you are curious about where I have been blogging, then head over to my 180blog.  I've only missed 2 days so far and I'm pretty pumped about that!  I figured out how to do that blog via my phone and it makes it much easier.  Check it out here:  My 180 blog

1 comment:

Amy Hogan said...

Yup. Once the school year starts, there's always a battle between work and the rest of my life. As soon as I knock things off my work to-do list, the life maintenance list starts to suffer. As evidenced by my out-of-control laundry pile. Having two blogs on top of all that is never rational.