Sunday, October 19, 2014

#MTBoSChallenge - Week 10 - Sunday Summary





Welcome to the #MTBoSChallenge! 

Each week there are two options:
  • On Saturdays, you can choose to blog on a weekly prompt.  Go check out the awesome and amazing posts submitted this week at Middle School Math Rules.  No worries if you didn't blog yesterday, you can still submit your post using the linky at the bottom of her post.
  • On Sundays, you can choose to blog a Sunday Summary of your week.  The idea for the Summary is to provide you a way to reflect on the past week and share what you are looking forward to this coming week.
Feel free to choose either option (or BOTH!), add it to the linky on the host page and don't forget to tweet it with the hashtag #MTBoSChallenge as well!

Now on to my post for the day...

My Sunday 3-2-1 Summary

3 things I did on my break:
  • Cleaned and organized my house!!  My house was a PIT!  This year has been full of many late nights and weekends, which means that ultimately my house suffered.  On Thursday, hubs and I spent all day cleaning and organizing the first floor.  Our front closet got a total re-do, a huge load of shoes, etc were donated to Goodwill, the floors all got hand-mopped, etc.  It was an exhausting day, but so necessary!
  • Craft shows!!  On Friday, hubs and I decided to take a day trip to a neighboring state and go to some craft shows.  We didn't really buy much, but I did get some new boots and got to see some cousins that I haven't seen in a while.  It was a beautiful fall day and I loved being able to run around and NOT think of school!
  • Read two books!!  I *heart* my Kindle, with big puffy heart loves!  After two very busy days, we stayed home yesterday and I totally vegged on the couch reading some good books :) 

2 goals for this week:
  • Walk more!!  It's been a while since I've met my 10K daily step goal for multiple days in the week.  When I'm in my classroom working, I set my timer for 30 minutes, then go for a short walk, but that typically only gets me to around 6K steps in the day.  I need to push myself to hit 10K at least 3 times this week.
  • Eat better!!  After 4 days off and not really watching what I ate, my wardrobe this week will pretty much consist of maxi dresses due to the comfort (and lack of a waistband!).  I need to really watch my diet this week to get back to my normal habits! 

1 thing I've missed lately:
  • My PLN!!  It's been a very busy year and as a result, I feel like I'm not growing professionally the way I should be.  I miss having the deep conversations with my #EduRead buddies and the rest of my Twitter PLN. 






2 comments:

cheesemonkeysf said...

SUPER-LIKE! Our house feels like a disaster too, which is why I so admire your ability to actually get things cleaned up. Oh, that, and also teaching. :)

Elizabeth (@cheesemonkeysf)

Algebra's Friend said...

Love your post! I miss the great conversations from the summer. I know that we can't keep up that pace ... but I sure miss the encouragement and challenge from our conversations!