Thursday, March 27, 2008

Where's Waldo??

Wow - where did this week go???

Today, in AP, we started confidence intervals for means. Since my kiddos already know and understand the format for CI's, I'm going to mostly teach this unit (Unit 6 in BVD) through activities.

Today we gathered JellyBlubber data. I had seen this activity from Rex Boggs during my 1st year with stat (8 years ago) and I've always done an CI for the means for them. However, I wasn't very pleased with my data sheet over the years, and low and behold, Richard Cowles also does this activity! So I have to admit that I did a bit of stealing and tweaking from Richard's worksheet :) Now I will admit that I can steal and tweak with the best of them, but in my defense, I was up til 12:30 last night creating a packet for Chapter 23 and all I got done was the confidence intervals! I told my kids they had to love me *forever*! lol

Tomorrow in class, we are doing the "Where's Waldo" activity. I found this picture online and decided to use it for confidence intervals when sigma was unknown. Here is my activity sheet that I created and I'm doing tomorrow. At the uni class, I use this picture for describing data back in Unit 1.

It may be a few days before I dig myself out of my paperwork hole, so have a great weekend!!

No comments: