Monday, July 8, 2013

#Made4Math - Custom Notebooks :)


If you know me at all in real life, you know how excited I am about this #Made4Math post! I *heart* (with big puffy pink/purple hearts) school supplies!!! If you need convincing, feel free to check out this post... or this one... :)

At the AP reading, one of the ladies in my reading room shared that Staples or Office Depot would do a spiral bound notebook for a fairly reasonable cost. My wheels started spinning with the ideas of things to be bound! Lesson Plan book! Meetings book! Oh my, oh my, oh my!!! The possibilities!!!

However, with all of the possibilities, I hadn't actually gone to have anything bound... until Saturday came and I realized that I really needed something to take with me to the Forensic Science workshop. Preferably something that would let me take notes, do graphs, etc. So after some searching, I found a custom notepaper generator that did Cornell graph paper and lined paper. SCORE! :)

I tinkered until I had what I wanted, then printed 100 pages and off to Staples I went. Here is my custom notebook:


You will notice that I forgot to print a fancy cover... whoops! :) The binding has a plastic cover on the front and you can choose the color of the back cover. When you open it, on the left is lined notepaper and on the right is the Cornell graph paper.

Best part? It cost me under $5 to have *exactly* what I wanted! YAY!!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great!! I want to bind my teacher binder this way, but I'm afraid to do it and find that I left something out. However, your little notebook looks so nice, I might just bite the bullet. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Great idea, love your notebook!

I make my own custom grade book every year using this method. I love the freedom and customization possibilities!


Jessie
MrsHester.blogspot.com

Megan Hayes-Golding said...

Love it!

Back at the Old School, we had a binding machine and put together our own books for the kids. It was time-consuming to bind for 100+ kids per teacher but we did it for every unit!

Imagine putting one of your custom notebooks in the hands of every student.