Tuesday, May 27, 2014

3-2-1

I don't want to break my posting streak.... if 3 days in a row can be called a "streak"... :)

3 things that happened today:
  • I got my forensic science final written and I'm pretty proud of how it turned out! I wanted to do a "practical" type exam, but I don't have time to do complete lab style write-ups, so they are being given a case, several pieces of evidence, information about the suspects, and have to use the evidence to draw a conclusion.
  • This weekend was pretty sedentary due to rain and I was worried that today would be the same. I broke away from school around 3:30pm (which is WAY early for me!) and came home to do round 2 of cleaning house. When hubby got home, there was a break in the rain, so we decided to get a short walk in. When we left the house, I was only around 4500 steps, so I decided to keep walking until I reached 10K. My "short walk" ended up being about 3 miles and while I was out there, I received an email alert that I had reached my 250 lifetime miles. yay! :)
  • Today was a "feel good" day in that I received multiple comments on how I looked. I know I have a lot of pounds left to go, but it definitely encourages me to keep going when I hear positive comments! :)

    2 books on my to-be-read list
  • Summarization in Any Subject by Rick Wormeli - I've been eager to read this book for almost a year and it was finally available in our school professional development library. I'm sure I'll be posting some reflections from this book over the summer!
  • Grading Smarter, Not Harder by Myron Dueck - This is one of the ASCD Member books that should be arriving this summer. Since I'm always interested in assessment, I'm eager to receive this book!

    1 thing that has gotten me through the last weeks of school
  • I've always struggled to drink the water that I'm supposed to drink. On Mother's Day weekend, hubby and I were heading out to see the mom's and stopped in at Walgreens. They had the water flavor sticks near the checkout and I saw one I wanted to try... Margaritaville Pina Colada. OMG OMG OMG... it is amazing! Of course, I went back and they were sold out, so I checked all 3 Walgreens in my suburb and found them at the one a few miles north of my house. I ended up buying 12 boxes and I'm down to my last box. It tastes like a real pina colada, which definitely helps me get through those rough moments at school! :) (No worries... it's totally non-alcoholic!)
  • No comments: