Sunday, December 7, 2014

#MTBoSChallenge - Weekly Challenge - Week 17






Welcome to the #MTBoSChallenge! 

Each week there are two options:
  • On Saturdays, you can choose to blog on a weekly prompt.  Go check out the awesome and amazing posts submitted this week at Middle School Math Rules.  No worries if you didn't blog yesterday, you can still submit your post using the linky at the bottom of her post.
  • On Sundays, you can choose to blog a Sunday Summary of your week.  The idea for the Summary is to provide you a way to reflect on the past week and share what you are looking forward to this coming week.
Feel free to choose either option (or BOTH!), add it to the linky on the host page and don't forget to tweet it with the hashtag #MTBoSChallenge as well!

Now on to my post for the day...

My Sunday 3-2-1 Summary

3 recent purchases I've loved:
  • Tights!  My wardrobe currently consists of way more dresses/skirts than pants.  I haven't worn "hose" since I was a kid with my church dresses, but I have to say that I am loving tights this year!  (Bonus.. there's a 30% off coupon on Cartwheel this week!)
  • Ramen Noodle Cooker!  I honestly thought my dad was crazy when he told me about this invention.  Pretty much it's a rectangular pan that you put a brick of ramen noodles in, fill it up to the water line, cook for 4 minutes in the microwave, and you're done.  Yay for easy school lunches!
  • Camis!  We've had a pretty chilly fall and I stocked up on cotton camis from Walmart for $2.97 each.  It's crazy how much warmth can come from a thin little tanktop thing!  I now wear them under every outfit! :)

2 things I accomplished this week:
  • Lots of grading!  Grading is the bane of any teacher's existence, but I was able to whittle down my pile to where I just have a few projects left to go.  yay!
  • My yearly observation!  My principal came in this week to observe me.  It wasn't my favorite lesson of all time, but it was okay.  :)   

1 goodbye:

Yesterday we had to say goodbye to our baby girl.  We got "Sasha" when she was 5 weeks old and hubby and I were newlyweds.  I was teaching 7th grade at the time and as every teacher knows, there are some names that you never want to name a child because of the memories it brings.  Sasha is one of those names for me, so the only people that knew her as Sasha were the people in the vet's office.  Her real name was ******** (Censored because this a family-friendly blog *grin*).  She was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism 2 years ago, so we knew her time would be limited, but when we took her to the vet yesterday, we were not prepared for the vet to tell us she had a huge mass in her abdomen.  As a result, we had to make a decision about what to do.  My baby girl wasn't a pretty kitty, but she was an amazing snuggler.  I'll miss her sleeping on my pillow with her deep purr that could put me to sleep within minutes. 









3 comments:

Meg said...

So sorry to hear about your kitty. Addie and I are sending warm furry hugs to you!

Ladsit said...

I so miss your blogs, I hope all is well and that you are busy with new challenges that leave your blog-groupies adrift. Have you started a new blog? Are you continuing with your Peek in my Classroom 180? Because of your blogs and your 180 blog, I have begun my own. You do inspire many of us even though we're probably not good about commenting. I hope you come back to us!

Diane said...

Just found your blog and really enjoy your posts! Hope you'll have more posts soon.