Friday, August 11, 2017

Using #MyFavFriday for Accountability

Last week, I blogged about my goals for the 2017-18 school year, which includes (in no particular order):

 - The use of VNPS
 - Asking better questions
 - Utilizing Formative Assessment techniques more effectively
 - Blogging more

A few weeks ago, at the end of #TMC17, I randomly came across 3 references to the #MyFavFriday blogging challenge, all in one day!  When I mentioned it on Twitter, Lynn responded:


Since then, I've been pondering.  Originally, #MyFavFriday started as an extension to the "My Favorites" portion of Twitter Math Camp (TMC), where people would share their favorite resource, activity, lesson, recipe, pretty much anything!

But, I'll be honest... I struggled.  It was hard to come up with a new "favorite thing" every week!  So when Lynn suggested bringing it back, I wasn't sure.

Until I wrote my goals post for the MTBoS Sunday Funday blogging challenge.  And that's when it hit me.  I can use #MyFavFriday as a weekly reflection tool as an accountability tool for my goals!!

So, starting next Friday, which happens to be my first day with students learners, I'm going to try to blog about:

  • My favorite learning moment of the week
  • My favorite use of VNPS that week
  • My favorite exit ticket prompt (and response)
  • My favorite Formative Assessment technique and how I used it
  • My favorite (or least favorite) question that I asked the students
  • My favorite engagement strategy
  • My favorite #teach180 photo of the week (I'm trying out Instagram this year!)
I'm really excited about a way to really help myself reflect on the week and hopefully to see my progress with my goals.  

Feel free to join me in sharing your favorite moments of the week! 

No comments: