Years ago, our daily announcements at my school ended with the statement: "Make it a great day or not - the choice is yours!"
In 2021, my goal is to chose JOY and to use that as a guiding principle throughout the year.
This year, I commit to finding joy in the following:
- New Challenges - I have truly enjoyed learning more about Desmos and EdTech during 2020 and I want to continue challenging myself to learn more
- My Students - Yesterday, I saw a quote that said something about "The best part of my job is the kids. The worst part of my job is everything else" - that rings true for me in a lot of ways!
- Connections and Relationships - I honestly couldn't have made it through 2020 without the relationships I've fostered over the years and I want to focus even more on those connections
- Me Time - I struggle with this one... I have a tendency to put others (especially my students) ahead of everything else. I want to release that pressure and be okay with putting myself above others for just a bit of me time each day
- In Failure - Another toughie... yesterday's post lamented the kids that have slipped between the cracks, but Pam reminded me later in text about the kids that I have connected with, the kids that know they are loved and cared for. I've not reached every child, but honestly, in the best of years, I don't reach every child. I can only do so much. (please keep reminding me and yourself about this one!)