Friday, October 5, 2012

My Favorite Cold Weather Meal :)


Here it is - the first weekend in October... That means the fair is in town and that chilly weather is upon us. Never fail, this weekend is traditionally the *true* start to fall weather, jackets, and hoodies!

So, in honor of the rainy, cold weekend, I present my favorite cold weather meal :)

(PS - I have *no* earthly idea where I originally found this recipe. I know it was after I discovered that I love my crockpot :))

By the way, the recipe calls for chicken and I'm sure this would be yummy with some boneless chicken breasts that had been shredded, but part of the reason I love this recipe is that all I have to do is open some cans and dump it into my crockpot :)

Chicken Tortilla Cheese Soup
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans fiesta nacho cheese soup
1 (10-oz) can red enchilada sauce
1 soup can milk
2 cans of chunk chicken (found near the tuna... )

Mix all together in crockpot and heat on Low until everything is mixed and melted together well.

I'm sure there are a variety of ways to serve this, but I like to put crushed tortilla chips in a bowl, smother it in this soup, and put a bit of shredded cheese on top :)

It is delicious! :)

Enjoy!

No comments: