Sunday, August 30, 2015

#MTBoSBlaugust - Day 30 - Sunday Summary

Blaugust is almost over!  I didn't blog every day, but this is my 23rd post of the month, which I'm pretty proud of, considering I had 7 for the first 7 months of 2015! :)

Thanks to all of the people that joined in this month... I'll try to be a bit more organized next year for it! :)

My Sunday 3-2-1 Summary

3 things that went really well in my classes this past week:

  • We used Kahoot to check homework this week... what a fun app!!  My students begged to play again!
  • I've been using the mini-quizzes and reflection as described in Make It Stick.  My kids did great with their "Multiple Choice Monday" and their reflection activity on Friday
  • To learn about Bias, I had the kids read their textbook and do a Concept Map... they really got so much more out of it than they would have had I lectured over the same material.


2 things I'm looking forward to this week

  • My admin team has decided to start a Staff Spirit Committee to help with planning activities and staff morale.  I am excited to see the fun new activities that we can come up with!
  • Next weekend is a holiday, so we already get a long weekend but our school has off Friday for Professional development as well, so 4 day weekend!!! :)


1 great weekend!

  • This was one of the best weekends I've had in ages!  Dinner with friends on Friday night, then an afternoon/evening of shopping with another friend yesterday, then a day of fellowship at church with a pot-luck and singing.  I haven't sang publicly in 20 years, so I totally butchered my first song, but after that, I finally stopped shaking and did okay :)  

No comments: