Anywho... I decided I should post my #5Things Friday today... a day late is better than not at all, right? :)
#5Things I'm currently obsessed with...
- Clothes! Hubby and I got into a bit of a tiff today because he is (understandably) getting frustrated with my
need wantdesire to shop a lot. I really do understand where he is coming from because I was a pretty low maintenance wife until the past 6 months or so. As I've lost weight, I've spent a lot more time checking pinterest for outfit ideas to help me define my style as I rebuild my wardrobe. Since March 2013, I have cleaned out my closet several times as I moved down in sizes, so I have to keep refilling it! :)
- Jewelry! Similar to the clothing issue, I was never really one to wear a lot of jewelry, other than some simple hoop earrings. I'm currently obsessed with necklaces and have at least 100 different ones, although many of them were purchased at a much reduced price! I love checking my local Goodwill for new necklaces!
- Pinterest! (see above...) I can easily lose hours browsing on pinterest! I'm such a visual person that the pinterest method of bookmarking is a life saver for me.
- Lip Balm! This has been an obsession for a long time... I am never too far away from one of my lip balms! My current favorite is my EOS egg... I have one on my desk at work, one in my purse, and one beside my bed.
- Books! Anyone that knows me well knows that I adore books. My office has 4 floor to ceiling book cases and 2 smaller bookcases. My bedroom has a large wall unit. My classroom has multiple shelves dedicated to books as well. My Kindle has thousands of books on it (mostly free... dailyfreebooks.com is awesome!) A colleague yesterday referred to me as "one of the best read teachers she knows". I wear that title with pride. I've always loved books and bookstores rank up there as one of my favorite places. (Side note: Today we went to Half Price Books and for the first time in ages, I went to 3 of them and walked out empty handed each time! That's unheard of for me!)
Today I'm Thankful For:
My kitty cats! There's just something very comforting about the sound of a kitty purring in your lap while you read a book or surf the internet. Even better is when they snuggle on a cold night to help keep you warm! :) While animals can make life a bit interesting because you never quite know what mischief they will get themselves into, the positive definitely outweighs the frustrations.