Sunday, November 9, 2014

NaBloPoMo - Day 9 - MTBosChallenge - Week 13






Welcome to the #MTBoSChallenge! 

Each week there are two options:
  • On Saturdays, you can choose to blog on a weekly prompt.  Go check out the awesome and amazing posts submitted this week at Middle School Math Rules.  No worries if you didn't blog yesterday, you can still submit your post using the linky at the bottom of her post.
  • On Sundays, you can choose to blog a Sunday Summary of your week.  The idea for the Summary is to provide you a way to reflect on the past week and share what you are looking forward to this coming week.
Feel free to choose either option (or BOTH!), add it to the linky on the host page and don't forget to tweet it with the hashtag #MTBoSChallenge as well!

Now on to my post for the day...

My Sunday 3-2-1 Summary

3 random thoughts in my head:
  • NaBloPoMo is much easier than the July Blogging Challenge.  It's now day 9 and I'm still able to blog without wanting to throw in the towel.  Obviously, I have more to say during the school year than during the summer.  I want to use this month to help me reflect on my classroom and my practice. 
  • This week totally sucked in a lot of ways.  I hate those weeks where you second guess every decision you made.  I need to remember to focus on the good things - my students and ignore some of the other junk that creates stress and hassle in my life.  I really don't like feeling like I'm one step away from letting everyone down.
  • This is the time of year where I feel like I'm in a major rut.  I need to find a way to snap out of it.

2 things I'm excited about this week:
  • #EduRead!  I think I've posted about #EduRead almost every day this week. :)  Please join us at 8pm Central on Wednesday to discuss The Highly Engaged Classroom by Marzano.
  • Global Math Department!  Bob Lochel and I are presenting on Tuesday night about the stat standards in the CCSS.  Bob is a rockstar... you don't want to miss hearing him speak about awesome activities that you can use in your classroom!

1 thing I'm thankful for today:
  • Weekends!  This has been a stressful year and I've really tried to take advantage of my weekend time to relax.  I end up going to school one of the days, but on the other day, I try to do my best to not think about school at all.  I love snuggling under the warm blankets on a chilly morning and being able to relax with a good book. :)







No comments: