Thursday, December 24, 2015

#MTBoS12days - Books and More Books!

Merry Christmas Eve!  

Today's prompt is definitely one that I've been looking forward to! :)  I love books!  Like with big puffy heart loves.  As a child, the library was one of my favorite places and I was never without a book.  I remember many times packing my suitcase to spend the weekend with my dad and taking clothes out just to fit more books in!  My office has 5 large bookcases of professional/math books and my bedroom has a large bookcase of "fun" books.  (Note:  There's only 1 "fun" bookcase because I mostly read on my iPad/Kindle app... there are thousands and thousands of books in my eLibrary!)

So back to the prompt... sorry, I get easily distracted!

A book that I've recently read:
This is a toughie for me.  I read so fast that there are a lot of books I've recently read for fun!  However, I will say that when I read for fun, it's not anything deep or profound, it's more of what would be termed a "beach read" - lightweight and easily forgettable.

A book that I'm currently reading:
I'll be very honest... I'm currently between books!  I know that sounds crazy but on a good day I can read a novel or two, because once I start a book, I really struggle to put it down!  That means that I end up in these long stretches of collecting more books to read but not actually starting one because I don't have time to finish it! :) 

A book that I want to read:
This list could be REALLY large, so I'm going to try to narrow it down to the two books that I received in the mail this week!
  • Embedding Formative Assessment by Dylan Wiliam.  I'm really excited about this one.  I loved the original EFA and this one looks even more practical for daily use!  
  • Unshakeable by Angela Watson.  This was a gift from a very dear friend and I'm really eager to read it and use the strategies in the book to rejuvenate for the new semester!

No comments: