Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Accomplishments (and Lack Thereof)



This month, I'm participating in a blog challenge called Blaugust.  To see the list of participating blogs, click on the logo above. I would encourage to you please cheer on our participants with either a tweet or a comment on their blog during this month. It can be hard to blog on a daily (or even regular) schedule! :)  If you would like to join the blogging challenge, you can still sign-up anytime!


I'm exhausted.  Today was Day 3 of prep-time and I have so much left to do!

But instead of working on my lessons and the really important to-do stuff, I worked on other, more enjoyable projects...

Teacher Treat Bags:
Yesterday, I had a major craving for chocolate around 2pm, so I decided to stop on the way home and pick up some to share with my colleagues.  I happened to remember that I had some small zipper bags at home, then whipped up a quick Welcome Back slip and off to the mailboxes I went.  :)  It took me way longer to assemble than I expected but it made me happy, so it was worth it!

Duct Tape Pencil Pouches:
Inside my table buckets, my kiddos have pencil bags with markers, highlighters, and dry erase markers.  But I really hated having the dry erase markers mixed in because kids will use them on paper (GRR).  So last week I saw this idea on Pinterest to use zipper quart bags, cut off the bottom 2.5" and use duct tape to strengthen the bags.  I tried it today and I'm pretty impressed with how they turned out!  One caution though - don't use the Dollar Tree duct tape, it's much stickier than the others and didn't tear well.  I had good luck with the real brand and the Art brand from Dollar General.

Bulletin Board:
I decided to keep my Mental Math Monday bulletin board, but change the name to "Weekly Challenge" since the 24 game isn't on my plan for every Monday this year.


What's left to be done tomorrow:
1)  LESSON PLANS!!!
2)  Student Info Sheet - In the past, I have used a variation of Dan Meyer's info sheet, but I want something more simple this year I think
3)  Number and stamp textbooks - Hopefully I have some helpers coming tomorrow!
4)  Set up my Canvas courses
5)  Final clean-up, take out recycling, load back up my car with stuff (shredder, etc)

No comments: