Saturday, December 31, 2022

Preparing for 2023

 


It's still Winter Break for another day, so even though I've completed my 12 posts, I'm still considering this a Yule Blog post!

We've made it through another year.  In my head, 2020 was just a few days ago, so I don't know how we are already at the doorstep of 2023, but here we are!

I report back to school on Monday for meetings and collaboration time, then kids come on Tuesday.  Like most teachers over the break, I've been thinking about what to do on the first day of the semester.  I like this time as a reset and definitely plan to do some non-curricular tasks and to revisit our classroom norms.

But I also want to do something to recognize the fresh start of a new semester.  The past few years, I've not done a great job of really reflecting on the old year and preparing for the new, so that's one of the things on the list for Tuesday.

In 2020, I played off the 20/20 vision and posted them on the board.  In 2021, we were still very restricted in classroom movement and shared supplies, so I didn't do much other than the Word of the Year.  In 2022, I had switched schools and was still trying to figure out life, so again, I let it slide.  

The New Year has come around again and I really want to do something again, so I had already been thinking about what to do for 2023 and since there isn't a pun with 2023, I decided to go with more of a 3-2-1 idea.  

  • 2 good things that happened in 2022
  • 0 - something to stop in 2023
  • 2 things I look forward to in 2023
  • 3 goals for 2023
As I was thinking through this, I saw other people posting similar ideas on social media, so I know I'm not the only one planning to do this, but I wanted to share it anyway!  Like I did in 2020, I will print these on quarter sized colorful paper and have them as my warmup on Tuesday before we get involved in our math tasks.

If you want the 2023 paper, click here for a PDF!


No comments: