Sunday, August 24, 2014

#MTBoSChallenge - Week 2 - Sunday Summary



Welcome to the #MTBoSChallenge! 

Each week there are two options:
  • On Saturdays, you can choose to blog on a weekly prompt.  This week's prompt asks about your favorite professional books.  Go check out the awesome and amazing posts submitted this week at Middle School Math Rules.  No worries if you didn't blog yesterday, you can still submit your post using the linky at the bottom of her post.
  • On Sundays, you can choose to blog a Sunday Summary of your week.  The idea for the Summary is to provide you a way to reflect on the past week and share what you are looking forward to this coming week.
Feel free to choose either option (or BOTH!), add it to the linky on the host page and don't forget to tweet it with the hashtag #MTBoSChallenge as well!

Now on to my post for the day...

My Sunday 3-2-1 Summary

3 things that happened this week:
  • Students arrived!  It was a great first week of school, although my feet and legs hurt!  #IBelieve it is going to be an AMAZING year!
  • I LOVE my Exit Ticket Jar!  This was definitely a "win" for Made4Math!  While planning my lessons, I just flip through my Exit prompts to select one for the day.  It makes the integration of Exit Tickets sooooo easy!
  • Week 1 of "WICOR-izing" my classroom was successful!  I was able to integrate writing, inquiry, collaboration, organization, and reading every day!  I am nervous that I won't be able to sustain this, but I'm going to try!

2 things on my to-do list:
  • Shopping!  I have lost quite a bit of weight over the past 18 months, which means I don't have many clothes that fit!  (Sidenote.. where are your favorite places to shop on a frugal budget?  I've been really struggling to find things I like this year!)
  • Setting up Canvas!  Our school went 1:1 and we adopted Canvas as our Learning Management System.  I haven't even touched it yet..  (Shh, don't tell my principal!)

1 thing I'm looking forward to this week:
  • A four day weekend!  On Friday, we have a "Professional Day", which consists of our yearly Welcome Back Bash where each school in our district competes for the Spirit Stick.  We also have inspirational speakers and we award our yearly Vision of Excellence awards.  It's a great way to start the holiday weekend.

What is YOUR Sunday Summary?  Add it to the linky below!









get the InLinkz code


No comments: