Sunday, August 31, 2014

#MTBoSChallenge - Week 3 - Sunday Summary



Welcome to the #MTBoSChallenge! 

Each week there are two options:
  • On Saturdays, you can choose to blog on a weekly prompt.  This week's prompt wants you to share classroom photos!  I love looking at other people's classrooms!  Go check out the awesome and amazing posts submitted this week at Middle School Math Rules.  No worries if you didn't blog yesterday, you can still submit your post using the linky at the bottom of her post.
  • On Sundays, you can choose to blog a Sunday Summary of your week.  The idea for the Summary is to provide you a way to reflect on the past week and share what you are looking forward to this coming week.
Feel free to choose either option (or BOTH!), add it to the linky on the host page and don't forget to tweet it with the hashtag #MTBoSChallenge as well!

Now on to my post for the day...

My Sunday 3-2-1 Summary

3 things that happened this week:
  • I figured out the basics of Canvas.. YAY!  Now to start tackling the bells and whistles.  Much thanks to @lbburke for her help!
  • I finally found some clothes.. DOUBLE YAY!  I met my weight loss goal this week, which was exciting, but I was super happy to find some clothes!  After going from store to store to store last week with no results, I was so excited that I found some great stuff this weekend at Goodwill!  YAY for thrifting!
  • I really enjoyed my classes this week.  I love listening to kids as they discuss while doing a Card Sort! 

2 things that I enjoyed this week that were not school related:
  • My sister came into to town last weekend.  I rarely get a chance to see her because she lives in an RV and travels the USA working at nuclear power plants and such.  We went to dinner and had a grand ole time chatting and enjoying each other's company. 
  • A student from last year came by to see me and bring me the book The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime.  She wanted me to read it because it had a lot of math in it and felt I would enjoy it.  I read it yesterday, it was quite interesting! 

1 thing I'm looking forward to this week:
  • Our area Math Teacher Circle starts back up this week!  I get to spend Thursday evening doing math with @mathequalslove!  YAY! :)

What is YOUR Sunday Summary?  Add it to the linky below!










get the InLinkz code


2 comments:

cheesemonkeysf said...

Thank you for inspiring me to get back on the program! Submitted my post because it shows a few pictures of my new classroom, which is still very much a work in progress.

- Elizabeth (@cheesemonkeysf)

Jasmine said...

I haven't done a card sort yet. Would you share more about what you had your students do?