Saturday, November 1, 2014

NaBloPoMo - Day 1 - November Goals

In case you haven't noticed, this blog has been a bit neglected lately.  This year has been quite busy and I am doing my best to keep my head above water most days.  I have been posting over at my 180blog, so it's been tough to think about what to write here.

Last year, hubby decided to try his hand at NaNoWriMo, where over the course of 30 days, he wrote an entire novel.  I have no desire or inclination to write a novel, so instead I did some research and found NaBloPoMo - National Blog Posting Month, where you try to blog daily for 30 days.  I did this back in July, but I want to try again.  In addition to writing daily, I want to also include a "Today I'm Thankful For:" section since November is a month of Thanksgiving.

If you want to join me, here are a few writing prompts that I found online if you need some inspiration:
Writing Prompts for November
November Prompts from BlogHer

November Goal:
My main goal this month is to engage with my Twitter PLN through our Book Club #EduRead.  We are going to be reading The Highly Engaged Classroom by Marzano.  Student engagement has been a major goal of mine this year and I am eager to start this book.  Please consider joining us on Twitter, Wednesday nights at 8pm Central to chat! 

Today I'm Thankful For:
My wonderful hubby!  We've been married for 16 years and he is my greatest supporter in so many ways.  This year has been tough on me and he has picked up the slack without missing a beat.  He truly puts my wants and needs ahead of his own.  He inspires me daily to be a better person and I'm so glad to share the journey of life with him by my side.

1 comment:

Algebra's Friend said...

Super post! I've fallen way behind in blogging ... it's a struggle this year! I love the idea of expressing thankfulness!