Saturday, November 15, 2014

NaBloPoMo - Day 15 - #5Things

The hardest part of this blogging every day gig is that once I miss a day, it is that much harder to get back into the habit.  Thursday night, I had my browser open, wanting to type something, anything, but after three hours, a blank screen still stared back at me.  I finally gave up, thinking I would just make up for it on Friday.  Problem is, that on Friday, about 20 minutes after getting home, I fell asleep on the couch and that was the end of that. :)

Anywho... I decided I should post my #5Things Friday today... a day late is better than not at all, right? :)

#5Things I'm currently obsessed with...

  1. Clothes!  Hubby and I got into a bit of a tiff today because he is (understandably) getting frustrated with my need want desire to shop a lot.  I really do understand where he is coming from because I was a pretty low maintenance wife until the past 6 months or so.  As I've lost weight, I've spent a lot more time checking pinterest for outfit ideas to help me define my style as I rebuild my wardrobe. Since March 2013, I have cleaned out my closet several times as I moved down in sizes, so I have to keep refilling it! :)
  2. Jewelry!  Similar to the clothing issue, I was never really one to wear a lot of jewelry, other than some simple hoop earrings.  I'm currently obsessed with necklaces and have at least 100 different ones, although many of them were purchased at a much reduced price!  I love checking my local Goodwill for new necklaces!
  3. Pinterest!  (see above...)  I can easily lose hours browsing on pinterest!  I'm such a visual person that the pinterest method of bookmarking is a life saver for me.
  4. Lip Balm!  This has been an obsession for a long time... I am never too far away from one of my lip balms!  My current favorite is my EOS egg... I have one on my desk at work, one in my purse, and one beside my bed.  
  5. Books!  Anyone that knows me well knows that I adore books.  My office has 4 floor to ceiling book cases and 2 smaller bookcases.  My bedroom has a large wall unit.  My classroom has multiple shelves dedicated to books as well.  My Kindle has thousands of books on it (mostly free... dailyfreebooks.com is awesome!)  A colleague yesterday referred to me as "one of the best read teachers she knows".  I wear that title with pride.  I've always loved books and bookstores rank up there as one of my favorite places.  (Side note:  Today we went to Half Price Books and for the first time in ages, I went to 3 of them and walked out empty handed each time!  That's unheard of for me!)


Today I'm Thankful For:
My kitty cats!  There's just something very comforting about the sound of a kitty purring in your lap while you read a book or surf the internet.  Even better is when they snuggle on a cold night to help keep you warm! :)  While animals can make life a bit interesting because you never quite know what mischief they will get themselves into, the positive definitely outweighs the frustrations. 

1 comment:

Amy Hogan said...

I don't know how you guys do these 180 blogs. I have a hard time getting one post up each week or so.

I'm fully understanding about the clothing. When you gain or lose weight, it's hard to keep up the items that give you a functional wardrobe. My advice is to keep it minimal, keep to a few basics. At least until you've gotten to that steady size.

P.S. I too am a lip balm junkie. My favorite is Badger Cocoa Butter Lip Balm. You're welcome in advance.