Monday, November 3, 2014

NaBloPoMo - Day 3 - Daylight Savings Time

 
I don't get Daylight Savings Time at all.  I mean, I understand the original reasoning behind it, but that reasoning seems not to hold true as much in present day.  Don't get me wrong, I love to "Fall Back" just as much as anyone else, but this darkness at 5:30pm is for the birds!  I'm often in my classroom well into the evening hours and I hate how dark my classroom gets.  Of course, having the lights go out every 10 minutes doesn't help either.  I know the motion sensor lights were a great energy saving feature, but seriously, who likes having to get up and walk around the room every 10 minutes?  :)  I really wish we could just stay on one time all year round.

Feeling Chilly...
Fall has finally arrived in my neck of the woods.  We've had a much warmer than normal fall so far and until this weekend, we've even had the a/c running.  Today's forecast called for a daytime high of 68, so I thought I would be okay to push off wearing (and buying) tights to go under my skirts/dresses.  WRONG!  Apparently Mother Nature disagreed with the weather forecast and while the air temperature might have been 68, there was definitely a brisk wind that made it feel colder.  As a result, my bare legs were quite chilly today!  Thankfully, last week, hubby randomly bought me a gift for my classroom that helped keep me toasty warm today...


Yes, ladies and gents, that is a warm, fuzzy lap blanket complete with many, many digits of pi...  I had to share it with my students today and they all loved it.  I loved that my legs were nice and toasty while at my desk grading... #littlethingsinlife

Today I'm Thankful For:
A job that I love.  Granted, there are definitely times that I get frustrated with some of the excess junk, but for the most part, I love what I do.  I teach at one of the best schools in my state.  I have amazing students.  I have coworkers that are more like family than friends.  I am blessed in so many ways.  I didn't plan to end up at my school, it was a total fluke, but I'm so glad for the path that brought me here.  It's been 15 years so far and I'm excited to see what the next 15 years brings.

No comments: