Friday, August 5, 2022

My Favorite Friday - #MTBoSBlausut Day 5

 

Y'all, I've already messed up on my Blaugust plans!  Every year, I have hoped that I could get every day in August and every year, I have failed.  But that's okay!  What's important is that we get up and try again!!

Yesterday was our first 1/2 day back at work, then we report again on Monday.  I honestly thought I would come home and work on my pacing calendars and take some time to blog about what I learned yesterday at our ACT training, but I just wasn't feeling it!  Instead, I grabbed my Kindle and did some reading.  Why do today what you can put off 'til tomorrow, right? :)

In honor of the Friday, I am doing a My Favorite Friday post!  Years ago, at Twitter Math Camp, one of the best parts of the day was the "My Favorites" where people would get up and share 5-10 minutes of something in their practice that was a favorite.  From there, it turned into some blog posts to share just little blurbs of things you've enjoyed over the week...

My Favorite #1 - My Course Schedule!

Check it out!  I get to teach Stat again!! :)

I had taught AP Stat for 21 years at my own school, so one of the first questions I had for my new school was whether they had a stat program (NO) and if not, could we start one? (YES!)

So when it came time for enrollment, I knew I would have a few interested in taking stat, but when I received my rosters today, I have *25* enrolled in a non-AP Stat course!  Wowsers!

My hope / goal is to build the program this year and maybe next year be able to have both an on-level and an AP Stat course, but I'm so excited to be teaching Stat again!  I started mapping out my curriculum this week and I think it's going to be a really fun class.  I've never taught non-AP, so it will be some trial and error, but it's nice to know that I don't have a test looming over me in May!

The rest of my schedule is pretty nice as well - I have 3 Honors Geometry classes and 2 on-level Geometry classes.  It's going to be a good year!


My Favorite #2 - TI's new printables!

Have y'all seen the most adorable new freebies from TI (Texas Instruments)?  




Now, don't get me wrong - the hold that TI has on the market has me just as floored as every other math teacher out there, but I am a sucker for cute things and the positive affirmations that go with math / calculators are just the cutest.  I might have already printed some of them for my classroom! :)


What have been some of your favorites this week?



If you are interested in joining in the #MTBoSBlaugust fun, here's a post with some prompts to help you out!  The idea is just to blog / micro-blog during August to help us focus and reflect on the year ahead.  Please tag your post on Social Media with the hashtag #MTBoSBlaugust so we can support you in your blogging journey!

No comments: