Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Welcome to my Classroom - #MTBoSBlaugust Day 9

 


Yesterday started Year 25 for me.  Where does time go??

Today, we had a few meetings and then we had Back to School night tonight from 4-6.  I'm exhausted and my feet hurt, but we are off tomorrow and then kiddos come on Thursday!  It was so good tonight to see students from last year and have a chance to visit with them.  As someone who has mostly taught seniors, this was a first for me.  That sense of connection and belonging meant so much to me!

Around 3:30pm, I felt my room was at 'photo-ready-enough' stage to share pictures of this year's classroom.  If you want to see how much it has changed in the past year, here are photos from last August.

Now on to this year's set up...

Standing at the doorway:

You can see the boards I received last year from the grant on the north and west walls.  I love that they are magnetic!  

On 4 of the boards, I have posterboards with prompts for the first day.  Students will get sticky notes, complete the prompts and put the sticky notes on the corresponding board before coming back to the tables to do the Name Tents

The tables look a bit bare right now, but they will eventually have table buckets and dry erase boards on them.  You can also see the corner of my (not-ready) desk and cans of shaving cream.  I forgot those were there when I took the picture! LOL

Moving over toward my desk, here's a shot of the south wall.  A few changes here from last year...

- Calculator Caddy so I can do a better job of tracking calculators that haven't been returned.

- New posters above the Caddy - the Thumbs Up poster from Scaffolded Math and the 2 smaller posters are from TI

- Make 30 daily challenge from Sarah's blog (MathEqualsLove)

- New agenda board for stat!  (YAY!)

Last view is from the northwest corner, looking back at the door...

On the big board of the south wall, you can also see the other two poster-boards for the sticky-note activity.

I still have a lot to do to get ready for the year, but at this point, it's mostly paper-based stuff of lesson plans, finalizing activities, and the administrative things that come with a new year.

But for now, I think it's time to go grab my Kindle and go to bed... :)



If you are interested in joining in the #MTBoSBlaugust fun, here's a post with some prompts to help you out!  The idea is just to blog / micro-blog during August to help us focus and reflect on the year ahead.  Please tag your post on Social Media with the hashtag #MTBoSBlaugust so we can support you in your blogging journey!


 







No comments: