Monday, August 15, 2022

Unit Dividers - #MTBoSBlaugust Day 15

 

It's Monday, y'all!  And we're halfway through the month!  I'm not doing so great on my Blaugust challenge, but I'm sticking with it and giving it my best shot.  Thank you to all of you who are participating in the challenge!

I love Back to School time for the fresh start, but to be honest, BTS is one of my least favorite times of the year!  So many new names and personalities to learn, setting up the class culture, and all the administrative stuff that comes with a new year just wears me out!  I'm ready for a few weeks from now when I know student names, my rosters aren't changing every day, and we're in a groove with regard to class procedures.

BUT - I did finally figure out my Unit Dividers this weekend - Go me!!

With the switch over to my new school last year, I had some issues with my notebook that I wasn't super happy with.  Our homework was online, so the notebook was mostly a place for notes, but that meant there wasn't a great delineation from unit to unit.

I knew I wanted to do some sort of divider and I had it on my to-do list ALL.SUMMER.LONG, but the procrastinator that I am, I didn't actually DO anything about it!  

I looked at so many blogs and asked on Twitter to get examples, but I ended up settling on this pretty simple template - a blank table of contents, and a set of objectives / vocabulary for the unit.  Of course, it helped that I was just out of time to figure it out - we are setting up our notebooks tomorrow and starting curriculum on Wednesday, so it was "put up or shut up" time.

We'll see how it goes! :)



If you are interested in joining in the #MTBoSBlaugust fun, here's a post with some prompts to help you out!  The idea is just to blog / micro-blog during August to help us focus and reflect on the year ahead.  Please tag your post on Social Media with the hashtag #MTBoSBlaugust so we can support you in your blogging journey!




No comments: