Sunday, July 13, 2014

July Blogging Challenge - Lazy Days of Summer

I really don't have much to say today.  However, I really hate to fail at something, so I am blogging anyway :)  Today was a definite lazy day for me.  After a morning walk, I pretty much settled in to read a novel and did not budge from the couch until it was time to go to dinner with my in-laws. 

Relaxation Time
One of the more popular teacher "jokes" out there is that the top 3 reasons to teach are June, July, and August.  I don't know many teachers that actually take the summer off, but I will admit that I love sleeping in during the summer and moving at a more leisurely pace.  Today was one of my "days off" this summer, as so far I've been busy with workshops and/or going up to school to work in my room.  Don't get me wrong, I like the structure that comes with all of that and not getting my routines too messed up, but sometimes it feels nice to have a lazy day.  As a result, I got nothing productive done, but that's okay :)

TMC - 10 days and counting!
I can't believe that in 10 days, TMC will be here!  I am so eager to see friends that I haven't seen in a while and meet some new friends as well.  Things are really coming together well and I hope the next 10 days are just as smooth!


July Challenge
I am on a personal challenge to blog every day in July, just to see if I can do it. I would love to have you join me! If you are worried that you've missed a few days, please don't stress.. just jump on in! Maybe a month is too much, that's okay, try it for a week, or every other day, or once a week.. whatever works for you!

Don't forget to visit the other July bloggers and show them some love!
The bloggers (so far)
Robin at Flip! Learn! Share
Bridget at Reflections in the Plane
Teresa at GeometryWiz
Sherrie at Middle School Math Rules!
Brooke at Sined, Sealed, Calculated
John at Functions are Fun
Jedidiah at Math Butler
Pam at the radical rational
Roxy at Rockstar Math Teacher
Paul at TeacherPaulP
Tina at Palmer's Ponderings
Cindy at School Stuff
Robyn at Making Math Visible

Add your blog in the comments if you would like to join in! :)
#July2014Challenge

1 comment:

Algebra's Friend said...

So glad you posted today! Love a lazy day ... so deserved ... so needed! Rest and restoration are so significant!