Wednesday, July 23, 2014

July Blogging Challenge - TMC14 Day 0

What a busy, busy day!  I could NOT sleep last night, finally falling asleep around 1am, then back up and running at 5am.  After the sun came up, I went for my morning walk, then back home to prepare for the day.  After typing up a few last minute details, hubby and I headed to the hotel to check on the social lounge and to drop off the shuttle information, then to the school to assemble the goody bags.  After a few trips to the airport to pick up lots of friends, new and old, I made it back to the hotel to find the social lounge in full swing.

Here are my highlights of the day...

  • My roommate is one of my forever best friends and I'm glad to spend this time with her.  
  • I have an awesome new notebook for tomorrow! :)  I love Staples binding!
  • After years and years of seeing it on the sign, I finally found the chapel in our airport :)
  • I now know our airport better than I ever expected to
  • Huge thanks to @merryfwilliams, @smithteach, and @KLBoles for being willing to be squashed in my backseat so I could run home, drop off hubby, and grab my suitcase.
  • Another shoutout to the above women for a truly delightful time as we laughed and giggled the whole trip.
  • The hotel served dinner... and beer... it smelled so yummy! (the dinner not the beer)
  • A tablecloth from Dollar Tree is 54"x108" and two of them "criss crossed" cover a 66" round table extremely well.
  • I'm hoping the airport security didn't think I was a human trafficker as I went to the airport WAY too many times, filled up the car with strangers then came back with an empty car ....
  • SO.MANY.HUGS.... it was so good to see friends from TMC12 and I'm sure I missed a few, but hugs hugs hugs to all!
Tomorrow starts registration and then to class we go.  I'm excited!! :)



July Challenge
I am on a personal challenge to blog every day in July, just to see if I can do it. I would love to have you join me! If you are worried that you've missed a few days, please don't stress.. just jump on in! Maybe a month is too much, that's okay, try it for a week, or every other day, or once a week.. whatever works for you!

Don't forget to visit the other July bloggers and show them some love!
The bloggers (so far)
Robin at Flip! Learn! Share
Bridget at Reflections in the Plane
Teresa at GeometryWiz
Sherrie at Middle School Math Rules!
Brooke at Sined, Sealed, Calculated
John at Functions are Fun
Jedidiah at Math Butler
Pam at the radical rational
Roxy at Rockstar Math Teacher
Paul at TeacherPaulP
Tina at Palmer's Ponderings
Cindy at School Stuff
Robyn at Making Math Visible
Shelley at Making Math Visual

Add your blog in the comments if you would like to join in! :)
#July2014Challenge

No comments: