Monday, July 14, 2014

July Blogging Challenge - #Made4Math - Exit Jar


Today has not been quite as productive as I had hoped.  While on my morning walk, I was mulling over my to-do list and I had quite a few lofty goals to accomplish today, including my Made4Math project.  However, while sitting down to eat my breakfast, I decided to read a bit on the novel I started last night and before I knew it, it was noon and my day had gone by me!  I did get the laundry done and found a pin on pinterest that totally changed today's Made4Math idea!

End of the Day Jar
While browsing pinterest, I found this pin regarding an End of the Day Jar.  The idea is to have a set of prompts ready to go that you can use as a question at the end of the day.  Since one of my goals this year is to incorporate more writing, I thought this sounded like a great Exit Ticket idea!

I ended up going back to an #EduRead post a few months ago where I had posted a lot of Exit Ticket prompts that I had found online and created a set of cards.  Ideally, I would have them all printed out for you, but yesterday our print server died so no printing for me! :(

Here's a sample of the cards:
Want the PDF file?  Click to download it!

Now that I have a set of 18 prompts, I can easy pull one out of the "Jar" and put it under the document camera or read it aloud to the students.  One thing that I've learned after many years, it has to be easy to use or I won't do it! :)

P.S.  I'll try to update this once I have a printed, pretty picture to share :)

What did YOU make this week?  Visit the #Made4Math blog to see the other submissions!

July Challenge
I am on a personal challenge to blog every day in July, just to see if I can do it. I would love to have you join me! If you are worried that you've missed a few days, please don't stress.. just jump on in! Maybe a month is too much, that's okay, try it for a week, or every other day, or once a week.. whatever works for you!

Don't forget to visit the other July bloggers and show them some love!
The bloggers (so far)
Robin at Flip! Learn! Share
Bridget at Reflections in the Plane
Teresa at GeometryWiz
Sherrie at Middle School Math Rules!
Brooke at Sined, Sealed, Calculated
John at Functions are Fun
Jedidiah at Math Butler
Pam at the radical rational
Roxy at Rockstar Math Teacher
Paul at TeacherPaulP
Tina at Palmer's Ponderings
Cindy at School Stuff
Robyn at Making Math Visible

Add your blog in the comments if you would like to join in! :)
#July2014Challenge

2 comments:

Kathryn Laster said...

Love this idea! You can incorporate writing, formative assessments, vocabulary building, community building, etc.---all in one jar! Thanks for sharing.

Shelley Carranza said...

I know the challenge is half way over, but I only found it yesterday and I'd love to join. Just published my start-stop-continue post at makingmathvisual.blogspot.com. Thanks so much for putting this together! Shelley